The last few months of my Graduate Studies are whooshing by at sound speed. There is so much happening and so many things to ponder and worry about that there is seldom any time left to sit back and think on how it is all going. From one thing to another, no time to rest! I personally am the kind of person who wouldn't wait till he turns 60 to sit on a beach and wonder how things are going. I like to do that often. I often find myself sitting at undisclosed locations on campus seeing out in the yonder and reflecting on how the week or the day has been. Sadly enough, I have done that just once since I returned from India. I just don't find enough time to go there and sit and just reflect. That's how fast it has been. There are so many realizations that I have and things I have learned by this act of mine. It's just awesome.
The clock is ticking on my time here at UMD. Each time me and my best friend walk down Baltimore Avenue past the Memorial Chapel, we always talk that "FUCK YAAR, 2 MAHINE HI BAAKI HAI AB". Every single time we've had that realization. That conversation makes me reflect on a hell lot of things that I've learned and experienced here. I've made some very good friends, I've made some pretty bad ones too (very few actually), I've learnt to endure, persist and tackle failures. I've fallen in love and failed yet again, I've lost friends, I've had my first real job, the experience of living the American Dream.. There is so much for which I am thankful to UMD. I don't know where and what the situation will be a month and a half from now. All will spread out to different parts of US to pursue their dreams, I just wish I make the most of what time is left here in the Grad Student Life. So much I'll miss and so much I'll cherish!
It has been tensed as well over the last couple of months. Pressure to land the full-time in order to secure the future, the need to assist paying off loans at home, some interviews you screwed, some calls you expect and not get and many other things that really work you up sometimes. The two seniors (yes there names rhyme) who I got close to over their time here were cool as an ice pack literally! I din't even see them tensed even once. I really need to take a cue from their book and learn to better handle the pressures. But I feel that I still have it under control. I am not panicking, I prefer Believing! Never Give Up!
The main problem I feel is when there are multiple things going around in your head. I believe I lose it only when there are more than one things doing rounds in my head. That's a very bad situation to be in to be frank. I have this tendency to cloud myself up with too many thoughts and that NEVER, EVER comes to any good. I have had too many things on my mind lately. The pressures of job search, peer relations, the tryst with love and the failure, pressures at work and what not. All that combines and creates a nice little unwanted problem!
All that said, I have learned to endure. I somehow manage to get hold of things. Though somethings are still unresolved, and I am not actually sure that I actually have a solution for it either, I know where my head needs to be. I plan to focus on where I need to then to keep clinging to that rope of hope at something which I am not really meant for. Best I focus and get the job done while enjoying and living every moment of what is left..
IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!
The clock is ticking on my time here at UMD. Each time me and my best friend walk down Baltimore Avenue past the Memorial Chapel, we always talk that "FUCK YAAR, 2 MAHINE HI BAAKI HAI AB". Every single time we've had that realization. That conversation makes me reflect on a hell lot of things that I've learned and experienced here. I've made some very good friends, I've made some pretty bad ones too (very few actually), I've learnt to endure, persist and tackle failures. I've fallen in love and failed yet again, I've lost friends, I've had my first real job, the experience of living the American Dream.. There is so much for which I am thankful to UMD. I don't know where and what the situation will be a month and a half from now. All will spread out to different parts of US to pursue their dreams, I just wish I make the most of what time is left here in the Grad Student Life. So much I'll miss and so much I'll cherish!
It has been tensed as well over the last couple of months. Pressure to land the full-time in order to secure the future, the need to assist paying off loans at home, some interviews you screwed, some calls you expect and not get and many other things that really work you up sometimes. The two seniors (yes there names rhyme) who I got close to over their time here were cool as an ice pack literally! I din't even see them tensed even once. I really need to take a cue from their book and learn to better handle the pressures. But I feel that I still have it under control. I am not panicking, I prefer Believing! Never Give Up!
The main problem I feel is when there are multiple things going around in your head. I believe I lose it only when there are more than one things doing rounds in my head. That's a very bad situation to be in to be frank. I have this tendency to cloud myself up with too many thoughts and that NEVER, EVER comes to any good. I have had too many things on my mind lately. The pressures of job search, peer relations, the tryst with love and the failure, pressures at work and what not. All that combines and creates a nice little unwanted problem!
All that said, I have learned to endure. I somehow manage to get hold of things. Though somethings are still unresolved, and I am not actually sure that I actually have a solution for it either, I know where my head needs to be. I plan to focus on where I need to then to keep clinging to that rope of hope at something which I am not really meant for. Best I focus and get the job done while enjoying and living every moment of what is left..
IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!
Good post. Probably the feeling that every person gets.
ReplyDeleteI will start by saying that spending time with oneself is extremely important. My constant place was Riggs Alumni Center. You need this time to really monitor your own progress. Decide whats right/wrong, whats the next step, keep some tabs on Personal/Friend/Professional/Family life.
Secondly, this feeling of the end of Masters is really weird. I still think that its good to move out of college and enter a truly Professional field. But then, nothing can replace those good old days. Your time has probably come to move on but do not let it get to you.
Amazing once again. I second those feelings. Actually they are almost similar to what my heart feels about the current phase. I will surely be missing UMD to the core. It will always have that special place in my heart. Thanks Videet for echoing those feelings.
ReplyDelete