26 Days! 26 Long Days which are going to pass like centuries..
It's been a while since I have been having the urge to return home. The constant restlessness, frustration, nostalgia has been growing ever since I was at internship. At many points I have felt to just leave everything and go back home to family and friends. No, that's not the helplessness of the situation or giving up, it's just the craving to be with loved ones. I don't say I am helpless here in the States. I've had some wonderful experiences here and have met a few amazing friends too who I cherish, but there is something special about home and the friends back there. Not comparing, but I always feel connected to the friends back home for one simple reason.. I've spent so much time with them during school, college. It's pretty much obvious this notion.. Nevertheless, my time in US has been amazing on the whole..
Watching Videos of "Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera", Looking at the flag of India in the hall, crossing out days on calendar counting down to India, Thinking about times you will have there has become a daily routine.. and it's only getting intense as the countdown runs down..
I used to remember when I was a kid that my parents used to threaten to send me to a hostel to get me to behave properly and be a nice kid. Just that idea of having to stay alone and away from family used to frighten me. And now I find myself here where I have been away from home for exactly 16 months today, I kind of feel an evolution. I find myself advocating the idea to come to US or any other foreign county to quite a few of my friends. This experience cannot be gained while staying at home and between family. It is something that's gained when you leave home and compete to survive in the world. Lessons will be learnt, mostly the hard way, and they will continue to make you sharp and a better person.
I cannot even try to express how much I miss my family in words. It's something that I feel lacks in my life and is what I miss the most. I miss the constant fights and love from my mom, the lessons of wisdom I learnt from my father and the love and affection from my lil sister. Words, indeed, fall short in this narration.
I also miss my friends back home in India. The one thing I have 'noticed' since I came to US is that there are many few people who you can consider as true friends. People are selfish, mean and calculative in their behavior. Which for a person like me, who acts straight from the heart, is not palatable. I have made a few friends who I absolutely love.. maybe we can say around 5-6 of them. But that's pretty much it. Everytime I see the Dil Chahta Hai title song or Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, I remember my friends back home and how I miss them around me. Life has indeed changed, but our friendships haven't and that is the part that's the most satisfying. I would see all of them when I get back home in 26 days..
On the professional front. Apart from the one month of winter, things here have gone on in fast lane. I believe that I have lived on from August-13 till now on an empty tank. Tired, Exhausted. This month long homecoming will be a respite on many fronts. I am totally looking forward to it. Just some exams to give and then it all goes away!
India is my home. Ahmedabad is my home. The States feel like, if I've to spend some time living in an unfamiliar place, this is a pretty lovely country to spend some part of my life in, but I will be going home at the end of it, eventually and certainly!
It's been a while since I have been having the urge to return home. The constant restlessness, frustration, nostalgia has been growing ever since I was at internship. At many points I have felt to just leave everything and go back home to family and friends. No, that's not the helplessness of the situation or giving up, it's just the craving to be with loved ones. I don't say I am helpless here in the States. I've had some wonderful experiences here and have met a few amazing friends too who I cherish, but there is something special about home and the friends back there. Not comparing, but I always feel connected to the friends back home for one simple reason.. I've spent so much time with them during school, college. It's pretty much obvious this notion.. Nevertheless, my time in US has been amazing on the whole..
Watching Videos of "Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera", Looking at the flag of India in the hall, crossing out days on calendar counting down to India, Thinking about times you will have there has become a daily routine.. and it's only getting intense as the countdown runs down..
I used to remember when I was a kid that my parents used to threaten to send me to a hostel to get me to behave properly and be a nice kid. Just that idea of having to stay alone and away from family used to frighten me. And now I find myself here where I have been away from home for exactly 16 months today, I kind of feel an evolution. I find myself advocating the idea to come to US or any other foreign county to quite a few of my friends. This experience cannot be gained while staying at home and between family. It is something that's gained when you leave home and compete to survive in the world. Lessons will be learnt, mostly the hard way, and they will continue to make you sharp and a better person.
I cannot even try to express how much I miss my family in words. It's something that I feel lacks in my life and is what I miss the most. I miss the constant fights and love from my mom, the lessons of wisdom I learnt from my father and the love and affection from my lil sister. Words, indeed, fall short in this narration.
I also miss my friends back home in India. The one thing I have 'noticed' since I came to US is that there are many few people who you can consider as true friends. People are selfish, mean and calculative in their behavior. Which for a person like me, who acts straight from the heart, is not palatable. I have made a few friends who I absolutely love.. maybe we can say around 5-6 of them. But that's pretty much it. Everytime I see the Dil Chahta Hai title song or Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, I remember my friends back home and how I miss them around me. Life has indeed changed, but our friendships haven't and that is the part that's the most satisfying. I would see all of them when I get back home in 26 days..
On the professional front. Apart from the one month of winter, things here have gone on in fast lane. I believe that I have lived on from August-13 till now on an empty tank. Tired, Exhausted. This month long homecoming will be a respite on many fronts. I am totally looking forward to it. Just some exams to give and then it all goes away!
India is my home. Ahmedabad is my home. The States feel like, if I've to spend some time living in an unfamiliar place, this is a pretty lovely country to spend some part of my life in, but I will be going home at the end of it, eventually and certainly!
A true reflection of my state of mind at this point of time. Indeed very nicely written. Keep the good work up and continue writing.
ReplyDelete