The simple task of flipping the switch is indeed a very easy task. If only doing that in life was an easy task! Firstly, what exactly is flipping the switch? It means switching the emotions off, turning off the part inside you which cares. Easier said than done. So, when do you flip the switch?? There are many answers to that. When the hurt gets too much to handle, when you lose focus and are desperate to regain it, when thinking doesn't get you anywhere when trying to find answers to some questions.. That's when you flip the switch..
Lately, I've been too distracted. Part of it is self-inflicted and the other part is that no matter how much I deny, I AM HOMESICK now. Not that I hate my life here or anything. I love my life here and see myself working in US for years to come. It's just that I have been away from home, family and friends for 16 months now and it's sinking in now. That is the bigger factor here. Just need to get my act together, for a final push before I get to go home. I just want to get home now, amidst people who love me and who I love. For now, all I think is.. Home.. Sweet Home..
The other problem here is that I've been getting too involved in some of my relationships. Friendships, Love irrespective. I have been investing a lot of mind into nurturing, sustaining and mending relationships with people. When you do all these stuff you deserve kicks, but losing focus due to aforementioned cause also hasn't aided my case one bit! I've always had focus on things I want to accomplish. Not that I sit around being melancholy and nostalgic. When I have some thing on my plate, I do it! No excuses, No procrastinations. It's only in free time which I have that I get into useless things. I have to keep myself occupied so I can keep myself away from all these nonsense and some people.
I've always aimed, or rather preferred, to be a very good friend to people I consider close. People change, their priorities change and their behaviors also change. It's totally fine and understandable. I accept it eventually and move-on. It's not that a friend who was once single and now she is in a relationship then I will not be friends with her. It's all about how you balance your friends and love-life. The thing that sickens me is that when you take your friends for granted. For instance, when you don't have answers to what I ask, when you have no clue about what you are doing and you piss me off, you surely cannot expect good to come out of it. I have never liked the concept of playing the second fiddle. I am not a wailing wall that people come to me when in trouble or when they need something from me.. and other times for fun there is someone else who is seeked. I will never be okay with it. People who treat me that way deserve to be shut out. That is one of the aspects of flipping the switch. You just cut these people off. No questions asked. Cut it off would be a bridge too far. Maybe you just ignore them as it is too much problem to handle them and the mess that is creating when you and them collide. Quite a rant, this one! :P
Well, its high time now. 30 days to mother India. so it's time I do what is needed. Focus hard, Keep yourself busy and steer clear of any shit that is dished out. No matter how close the person is to my heart, I will focus on things at hand that need my efforts than going out relation mending. It's high time I flip the switch and based on how things have gone.. the switch has flipped indeed..
For the better, till next time..
Lately, I've been too distracted. Part of it is self-inflicted and the other part is that no matter how much I deny, I AM HOMESICK now. Not that I hate my life here or anything. I love my life here and see myself working in US for years to come. It's just that I have been away from home, family and friends for 16 months now and it's sinking in now. That is the bigger factor here. Just need to get my act together, for a final push before I get to go home. I just want to get home now, amidst people who love me and who I love. For now, all I think is.. Home.. Sweet Home..
The other problem here is that I've been getting too involved in some of my relationships. Friendships, Love irrespective. I have been investing a lot of mind into nurturing, sustaining and mending relationships with people. When you do all these stuff you deserve kicks, but losing focus due to aforementioned cause also hasn't aided my case one bit! I've always had focus on things I want to accomplish. Not that I sit around being melancholy and nostalgic. When I have some thing on my plate, I do it! No excuses, No procrastinations. It's only in free time which I have that I get into useless things. I have to keep myself occupied so I can keep myself away from all these nonsense and some people.
I've always aimed, or rather preferred, to be a very good friend to people I consider close. People change, their priorities change and their behaviors also change. It's totally fine and understandable. I accept it eventually and move-on. It's not that a friend who was once single and now she is in a relationship then I will not be friends with her. It's all about how you balance your friends and love-life. The thing that sickens me is that when you take your friends for granted. For instance, when you don't have answers to what I ask, when you have no clue about what you are doing and you piss me off, you surely cannot expect good to come out of it. I have never liked the concept of playing the second fiddle. I am not a wailing wall that people come to me when in trouble or when they need something from me.. and other times for fun there is someone else who is seeked. I will never be okay with it. People who treat me that way deserve to be shut out. That is one of the aspects of flipping the switch. You just cut these people off. No questions asked. Cut it off would be a bridge too far. Maybe you just ignore them as it is too much problem to handle them and the mess that is creating when you and them collide. Quite a rant, this one! :P
Well, its high time now. 30 days to mother India. so it's time I do what is needed. Focus hard, Keep yourself busy and steer clear of any shit that is dished out. No matter how close the person is to my heart, I will focus on things at hand that need my efforts than going out relation mending. It's high time I flip the switch and based on how things have gone.. the switch has flipped indeed..
For the better, till next time..
No comments:
Post a Comment