Monday, October 29, 2012

The Tough Choices

It is a well-known fact that once love sets in, relations can never be the same. Been there, done that, it never ends well. And, once the stage starts when things start disintegrating, you are faced with a choice to salvage the situation calmly and get your head over it OR follow your heart down the path where things end rather badly and nobody's happy - such a mess!!

Trying the former, leads to constant arguements and fights. Expectations come in, Strings are attached and then things get problematic. There is only a certain number of fights and arguements that a relation can take before it is ruptured for good. So I believe eventually the former does end up the way latter does. Then what's the point? Just follow the second and get done with it real fast. That's the easy way out right? barring all mess it creates, awkward relations and all.

For me, dealing with emotions is a very tough task. I am impulsive and most of the times I think from my heart. With people I care about, I am extremely attached and like to 'expect' a certain things. I consider them very close to me and then I expect things and that, till date, has never ended well. I can say from past experience in the above described situations that I've had quite a lot of share to give to my impulsive nature and not being able to keep myself under control for my failed friendships and relationship. I can change to a heartless and I don't care about you with most people, not with people who are close to my heart. I can try, but I can never do that. So the dilemna I am facing is, whether to get a control over me and get my act together OR just let things disintegrate? I need to a get a hang of the situation to avoid losing friends. I've started to get things together a bit now. I need to get a few emotions under the radar so that I can get control rather than spiraling out of control. It might hurt the people I care about, but I do it for them. I am not trying to sound heroic here, nor I thinking of it that way. I will defintely hurt some people in the process, but I need to this so that I can get a control on myself and salvage my relationships.

I am focused on work and finding a job as always. But this is one of those times when you sit down and think about your life. I am still focused and that isn't ever going away! (I know people worry of me losing focus, that isnt the case here MOMMY!)

That aside, there's a storm coming.. Sandy! Let's see how that goes.

See you on the other side..

No comments:

Post a Comment