Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who Exactly is a Friend??

Friend. A term that brings comfort, happiness and a sense of attachment to your mind. A friend in a  way is your safe place. Keeping the deals of fair weather friends and true friends aside, we can just assume that you expect a friend to be counted upon.

Self-praise it might seem, I've always prided myself on being a great friend. Yes, I've moved on from some friends and some have moved on from me. But overall, I've been a great friend and atleast I thinks so. The thing that concerns me here is that how did I start getting judgemental in friendships? Friends have their own life and they aren't supposed to live it the way I agree to. Friendship is above all that. I've always been supportive of my friends' decisions and have always been first hand to support them.The exception that I am making here with a very dear friend is nonsensical and inexplicable. I should support their decisions and encourage them rather than making them feel they're making a mistake and creating problems. That's what friends do. People do not deserve fights, arguements, clarifications on a daily basis. What I think now is that when there is something you just can't get your head around, stop hanging around. Just walk away. Sometimes you need to walk away in order to make it better for others, and more importantly yourself. It's always hard when the person values you too much and cares about you, as they won't let you go away. I totally appreciate that but somethings just change relations and you got to adapt to them rather than wishing things were just like before and things hadn't changed. But if it's something that you value and love, then why am I walking away??

No comments:

Post a Comment