As we say goodbye to 2012 and usher in 2013, I am just sitting here and reflecting on what a year this has been!! Mostly it has been a year of highs with a few significant lows but I'm not complaining! I can reflect on the last year as very significant on my professional career and I think I have taken the right steps. On a personal front, I've evolved to become a better human being. It's been a great year so far.
I ended 2011 on a bad note. Yes I was in one of the best cities in the world with some amazing friends, but it was and felt too hollow without friends and family around me that time. I didn't get the best of grades and I was low as I was away from my loved ones. That's the frame of mind I started 2012 in. I had an amazing spring semester(Jan-May). I was out of the blocks fast. Enjoying my time. Having fun with friends, got good grades and life was all good come the end of spring 2012 in May. Though I had a delayed start to my internship, I got a lot to learn while at it and gained quite a good work experience. It was my first job in the terms of work related to the field I aspire to move forward in. It's kind of a big deal for a fresher who came to US fresh out of undergraduate school. The tryst with the company continued till November after which I was on the bench, though I appreciate the rest as it helped me to salvage my semester(salvage!, that part comes later.. ). Though I would have appreciated the extra bucks to get more gifts for folks back home, but I don't really complain. It's all went down good and Life has been good professionally. Hope it chugs on at the same pace in 2013.
Personal front, boy oh boy! I can write blog's' on this. Its been such a topsy-turvy year on this front for me. Being away from family and the people I consider my best friends has not been kind. I will agree that I have tried to make good friends here, trying to find people I can trust. Though I've found few who I can call my good friends here in the US, it's been a lot less in number. Being in US has taught me so much. In contrast to how I was when I left India, I present a quite a difference now. Somethings haven't changed, but quite a lot has. I won't go into the details of how I've changed, atleast I think I have! I guess the changes have helped me in a good way as lot of my relations with people used to fall apart previously and that has changed and I can say that's a positive!
On a totally personal front, the first part of the year was totally focused. I needed to after the first semester debacle and I did nail it. It was when I went to Intern that all the mess began. I never thought I will miss CP and some special people in my life. I believed myself to be detached, which clearly wasn't the case. After what went down some years ago in my love life, I never believed that I would be in touch with my feelings anytime soon. I was wrong. I did and I have been struggling ever since. Not that I hate that, to love is a gift but there are conditions and situations that come with it. Fights, Misunderstandings and Troubled times followed and it did affect me a lot even though I prefer to believe it didn't. When you have feelings for someone, you have two options really. Jump in with both feet or jump the hell out. There is no middle ground in such situations. I couldn't do the former or the latter. She is too important for me to do the latter. And I continue to struggle with these even now. As one of my friends told me whom I confided in, "LEVAAI JAISH". He couldn't be more accurate. Still trying to find the side I will incline to. My focus did waiver for some time but I've always been focused when I need to be.
Spring 2013 will be the most important 5 months of my life. Goals are set. Priorities fixed. All that is left now is a perfect implementation, which I hope I can. Inspite of all that happened, I still believe 2012 was a great year for me and cheers to many more to come!!
I ended 2011 on a bad note. Yes I was in one of the best cities in the world with some amazing friends, but it was and felt too hollow without friends and family around me that time. I didn't get the best of grades and I was low as I was away from my loved ones. That's the frame of mind I started 2012 in. I had an amazing spring semester(Jan-May). I was out of the blocks fast. Enjoying my time. Having fun with friends, got good grades and life was all good come the end of spring 2012 in May. Though I had a delayed start to my internship, I got a lot to learn while at it and gained quite a good work experience. It was my first job in the terms of work related to the field I aspire to move forward in. It's kind of a big deal for a fresher who came to US fresh out of undergraduate school. The tryst with the company continued till November after which I was on the bench, though I appreciate the rest as it helped me to salvage my semester(salvage!, that part comes later.. ). Though I would have appreciated the extra bucks to get more gifts for folks back home, but I don't really complain. It's all went down good and Life has been good professionally. Hope it chugs on at the same pace in 2013.
Personal front, boy oh boy! I can write blog's' on this. Its been such a topsy-turvy year on this front for me. Being away from family and the people I consider my best friends has not been kind. I will agree that I have tried to make good friends here, trying to find people I can trust. Though I've found few who I can call my good friends here in the US, it's been a lot less in number. Being in US has taught me so much. In contrast to how I was when I left India, I present a quite a difference now. Somethings haven't changed, but quite a lot has. I won't go into the details of how I've changed, atleast I think I have! I guess the changes have helped me in a good way as lot of my relations with people used to fall apart previously and that has changed and I can say that's a positive!
On a totally personal front, the first part of the year was totally focused. I needed to after the first semester debacle and I did nail it. It was when I went to Intern that all the mess began. I never thought I will miss CP and some special people in my life. I believed myself to be detached, which clearly wasn't the case. After what went down some years ago in my love life, I never believed that I would be in touch with my feelings anytime soon. I was wrong. I did and I have been struggling ever since. Not that I hate that, to love is a gift but there are conditions and situations that come with it. Fights, Misunderstandings and Troubled times followed and it did affect me a lot even though I prefer to believe it didn't. When you have feelings for someone, you have two options really. Jump in with both feet or jump the hell out. There is no middle ground in such situations. I couldn't do the former or the latter. She is too important for me to do the latter. And I continue to struggle with these even now. As one of my friends told me whom I confided in, "LEVAAI JAISH". He couldn't be more accurate. Still trying to find the side I will incline to. My focus did waiver for some time but I've always been focused when I need to be.
Spring 2013 will be the most important 5 months of my life. Goals are set. Priorities fixed. All that is left now is a perfect implementation, which I hope I can. Inspite of all that happened, I still believe 2012 was a great year for me and cheers to many more to come!!
Good stuff Videet..Good luck with 2013..Way to go man :)
ReplyDelete